BACP offers free business education workshops or webinars every Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning. Due to COVID-19, all programs are currently being offered as webinars. Topics include business licensing, operations, financial resources, marketing, and more. Programs are free and open to the public and taught by industry professionals, not-for-profit agencies, and government agencies.
Workshops are normally held at BACP's offices located at
121 N. LaSalle St., City Hall Room 805, Chicago, IL 60602
Follow BACP Facebook Page for the latest updates
BACP is also offering a program designed to give business owners the essential elements in starting and growing a business.
* Attend nine workshops at BACP and earn a BACP Entrepreneur Certificate
* Learn the essentials in business planning, financing, marketing, legal issues, technology and more
* Participation is free and optional
* Complete the program workshops within six months and walk away with a certificate issued by the City Colleges of Chicago
* Earn your certificate and get free expert advice on your business plan
The City of Chicago's Small Business Center (SBC) has partnered with The CIBC Bank to make entrepreneurs who complete the city's Business Start-Up Certificate Program eligible to apply for low-interest and no-fee loans through the bank's Entrepreneurial Loan Program.
Program participants who complete the curriculum will now qualify to apply for The CIBC Bank Entrepreneurial Loan. This low-interest, no-fee loan can range from $1,000 to a maximum of $10,000 for new businesses and $25,000 for businesses with one-year of filed tax returns. All financing decisions are made by the bank.
For more information or to register for a workshop call 312-744-5344.